Opportunity Youth Career Centers
Creating Opportunities for the Future
In partnership with the San Diego Workforce Partnership Access empowers youth to meet the current and future workforce needs of employers throughout San Diego County. The goal is to find the intersection between what youth love to do, what they can be paid for, what employers need, and the education, training and support they need along their career pathway. Opportunity Youth programs are centered on helping youth align their interests and skills with education, training, and jobs.
To help youth identify their aspirations, and set a plan in motion to achieve their goals Access offers educational and employment services for out-of-school youth and provide quality individually focused access to workshops, hiring events, training programs and other resources such as mentors, community supportive services, and leadership training. Customized services are also available for justice involved, black opportunity youth, homeless youth, and immigrant and refugee youth through partners.
Based on individual goals, interests, and circumstances, youth are supported in attaining high-school diplomas, enrolling in post-secondary education and/or occupational/technical skills training and designing plans to prepare for their selected career pathways. Services are provided in partnership with San Diego County Office of Education, community colleges and universities, and other providers that assist youth obtain post-secondary degrees and/or industry recognized certifications. To increase work experience and skills, youth participate in employability training, internships and supportive job opportunities that help them take the first steps to a successful career.
Who is it for:
- Ages 16-24
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Out of school
- Identifies having a barrier to employment and/or low income
This program offers help with
- Deciding what career is right for me
- With starting school or a certificate program
- Finding a temporary job or internship
- Finding a long-term job
How to apply:
County-Wide Programs: Program services open to all interested youth are provided by Access, Inc. throughout San Diego County in more than 10 convenient locations, as well as through remote access. To find out more click here to see our locations – or contact us directly INSERT NAME PHONE & EMAIL (live links to map/location page, and our point of contact)
- Justice-Involved Youth: Program services are provided by South Bay Community Services
- Black Opportunity Youth: Program services are provided by the YMCA and Paving Great Futures.
- Homeless Youth: Program services are provided by San Diego Youth Services.
- Immigrant, Refugee, ELL Youth: Program services are provided by San Diego Continuing Education Foundation.